Tuesday 20 June 2017

When you can't even produce a sigh

So the new director visited today.

He was late. Like 30 mins. And due to recent costing exercises where I have all the OPEX costs in my head I could actually cost this. And then he spoke for 40 mins. And then we had morning tea over which we were permitted to continue to listen to him. I watched a person who I admire greatly contribute to one of his points and watched his slight impatience.

He started with what seemed to be establishing his credentials of things he had achieved. But very little talk about team work or building others up.

He gave two specific examples of staff. A GM who left when he became director. And a woman who he had been recently talking to who had formally been one of his staff. As there are not that many women out there it wouldn't be hard to work out who.

The thing that has got me just so disheartened is his repeated statement about if anyone was unhappy they could leave. Saying that if staff are unhappy they could leave is a statement about culture. It's saying I don't want to know any problems, don't tell me just solve them and I'm not interested in helping. Here are my KPIs and get behind them or go away.

There is no group effort here.

I've never been so glad to be 4 levels down and beneath notice before.


No comments:

Post a Comment