Monday 25 May 2015

There comes a time...

So on Friday I was out in the field with two consultants and one of them mentions that they'd lasted only 10 months with the company that I'd had consultants from on Wednesday and Thursday.

They asked me quite seriously how I dealt with sexism in the industry we're in. And waited for my reply.

I'm afraid I started to cry.

I pulled myself together and went back to being professional again but... um... really that's a sign isn't it? Time to go?

Today the new boss of our new little team agreed that we needed a get together. And looked and me and the graduate (female) and said we should organise something. Hmmm. I mean, it could be co-incidence.

Also, I asked my brother, as another memory came back, had he ever had it when he had made a technical statement and someone had looked at his boss standing next to him and asked if that was correct. He said he couldn't remember a time. I was the only female in that room of about 8 people. Was it because I was female? Was it because I was me?

I am heartsick. It hurts so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment