Wednesday 29 October 2014

When running away means people think that they've won

I always keep in mind a saying that I think I first heard Tolkein quote "a man convinced against his will, is of his own mind still".

So, I pick my battles. I only have so much emotional energy and there are some things I will stand up and fight for, and other things that I'll let through to the keeper.

Just because I let some things through does not mean I agree with them.

How often is that people think they've "won" an argument. By what measure do they take this victory? People's words?

Unless you've won people's hearts, you've won nothing - you've just won words. And even then only the words that are spoken not the words in people's hearts and minds. And often just your own words. The other party may not have even spoken them.

That's winning nothing. Why are you wasting your energy speaking in the first place?

I run away, I save energy for other battles, I win and you don't even know it.


No comments:

Post a Comment