Sunday 29 December 2013

A beginning

So a friend has casually mentioned a couple of times "you should write". I've mused over these passing comment from time to time over the last few months and today is the day. I enjoy forums, and the occasional banter in whip-fast net chat sessions or emails, so a blog seems a reasonable place to put a desultory toe.

And damn it, for a second I thought this blog tool didn't come with spell checking, but whatto I managed to spell "desultory" correctly. Small surprises for a Sunday.

I guess a framework about who I am is a reasonable thing to put in an OP. A box if you will where someone can say "Oh *that* type of person" before deciding to invest seconds of time. While it would be nice to be a special snowflake, I'm sure my experiences inform my prejudices, even as much as I would like to claim the ability to stretch to accept no matter my starting position.

So here goes the 'big facts' that I care to put in a blog: I'm female, single, I live in an apartment, I have two cats, a job in a large Australian company, I live in Sydney, I'm a bible-believing Christian who loves and values my gay and atheist friends because Jesus does too, and I spend a large amount of my spare time playing an MMO because it's cheap, convenient, interesting entertainment and someone is always around to chat to 24 hours of the day from all over the world.

I guess my main interest that I will probably spend talking about to the ether here will be in imagining a future working space with tech developments, spurred by my experiences in technology and spending so much time in an imaginative 3D space.

And now, I have a place to put those ideas. And to write...





No comments:

Post a Comment